Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Astro Binoculars

Howdy,
Well I finally gave my X-Trail bins a good workout. Last night I set them out to cool about 30 minutes to cool along with my scopes. That night the seeing was excellent and it was very dark, around 21 on the dark sky meter. My first targets were M13,and M92. They were both very bright and sharp. That was enough to get me excited. Next I swing over to M31 and M32. The Andromeda Galaxy was just amazing through the binos and I could just make out the companion galaxy. Ok, now time for the Double Cluster. WOW!! That was one of the best views I have ever seen of the Double Cluster, I was just esquisite. I also saw the nearby M103 which was crisp and bright and NGC457 which I saw as some haze around a fairly bright star. Now for the Lagoon!! I pointed the bins and the view was awesome, very bright and nice structure to the nebulosity. M21 was very sharp and M23 was very nice seeing stars throughout. I next went to Triffid but could only just make it out, and M28 was faint but visible. M22 was next and it was crisp with the core appearing very bright and M18 & M24 were very nice with all stars visible. So far these Bins are performing better than I had ever imagined. I have just started using star charts and using binoculars definately a must for this. Ok now for the last item before jumping to my scopes. M27 the dumbell. Well I found it and was just amazed! I just said WOW, this just totally exceeded my expectations of these binoculars.The nebula was very bright and had that perfect dumbell shape. These binoculars were a gift to me and I thought I would just let them sit but now they will be outside looking up every night. I no longer have to roll the ol dob out everytime I want to do a few hours of observing. I am hooked. I have heard alot of mixed comments on Barska Binoculars but I must say I love em. They surrpassed all of my expectations and left me with a smile and new enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment